I’m here for AAA Cards Game #117.- Geometrics.
Special tips for competing (and being eligible to win) in this game:
- As always, we’re looking for Clean and Simple (CAS) greeting cards (very minimal layers and embellishments, not textured cardstock), BUT for this game please make sure to use the theme of “moonlight” as the focal point of your card.
- As always and for all of our games our definition of Clean and Simple means that white space should not be patterned, embossed or textured.
Here’s my card using a favorite, Uniko’s Background Builders: Squared.
For this CAS card, I kept it CAS by:
1. Minimized Layers: made it a mostly 1-layer card – I added a second layer with the sentiment.
2. Consolidated my images. Clustering images together keeps the card clean.
3. White space. Left at least 1/2 of the card unaltered – plain, smooth card stock (even though colored) keeps my card CAS.
4. Mostly monochromatic. I used white, silver and blue as color palette.
I used a home made circle stencil and sponged on the “moon” in white/craft ink. I used a Uniko stamp to add a textured-like pattern to the moon and “moonlight” to the card front. Did you know that the top left and most of the bottom parts of my blue card front, because it is not textured and left unaltered, is considered “white space?”
Check out AAA Cards definition of “WHITE SPACE.” Colored card stock is great, but not patterned, embossed or textured.