Hi! I’m very happy to have you visiting my blog today. I know your time is precious and hope that you enjoy your visit.
I made this card for my husband’s birthday at the end of November. Even though I don’t care for coffee myself, he loves it.
So, I have grown to think of coffee with a warm feeling because the smell of it means that he’s probably home. 🙂
I have a fun “chalkboard” card to share with you that I designed for STAMPlorations and the Fall CLBH. I think that this card is very appropriate for Fall, back-to-school and reminds me of the song Margee Ann by Fernando Ortega.
I really like the song Margee Ann. Here are some of the lyrics:
You’re the first light of the morning, my cool sunrise
You’re my love across the table, a little sleep in your eyes
You’re my strong cup of coffee, you like to laugh right with me
You’re my heart’s companion, my one true companion
Sweet darling, lover of mine
Speaking of “lovers”……STAMPlorations is one of the FAll CLBH sponsors and Shery has a bunch Coffee & Tea lover themed products in her store.
Here’s a closer look at my card:
Make sure to hop along because Shery, apart from donating prize’s to Amy’s hop (a $25 GC to STAMPlorations online store and the new Anywhere There’s Coffee Stamp & Die Set as a flash prize), is also going to be offering a couple of prizes on the STAMP blog: three $10 gift certificates & some coffee dies!I used a variety of other STAMPlorations/ARTplorations products on my card. Besides the stamps from Anywhere There’s Coffee Stamps & Die Set, I also used the ARTplorations stencil Flourishes, and STAMPlorations stamps Big Greetings, Trendy Birds 2 and Retro Mod Shapes.
How I made this card:
- Made a mask/stencil of the coffee cup with removable sticky label.
- Masked off the chalkboard card stock with the mask.
- Stenciled the flourish/leaf pattern into the negative space of the stencil/mask, onto the cup with the ARTplorations stencil Flourishes with sponge tool & white pigment ink.
- Removed mask & stamped cup outline with embossing ink & heat embossed in white embossing powder (EP).
- Stamped the birds (Trendy Birds 2) with more white pigment ink.
- Double stamped the leaves and sentiment – first with embossing ink (heat embossed with white EP) & then, slightly off the original with white pigment ink.
- Drew in the “steam” and border lines with white colored pencil.
- Added colored pencil (faux colored chalk) shading and accents in blue, orange and yellow.
- Applied some “chalk smudges” with a piece of paper towel and more white pigment ink.
- Fussy cut chalkboard panel and blue frame.
- Finished by attaching chalkboard to blue frame with foam tape and then to orange card base with adhesive.
So, I love all kinds of teas, but I strongly dislike coffee. Truly. I hurts my stomach. 😦 But I do enjoy the mornings that I can sit with my husband as he enjoys his coffee.
I love making chalkboard cards (so. much. fun!) and I hope that you enjoyed seeing this one. Make sure you stop over at the STAMPlorations blog to see all of the STAMplorations girls’ super creations. Remember that Shery is also going to be offering a couple of prizes on the STAMPlorations blog: three $10 gift certificates & some coffee dies. 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate your visit.
Grace & Peace,
STAMPlorations/ARTplorations/CUTplorations Products used on the chalkboard card in this post:
Places I’m Playing:
Simon Says: Inspired By Music
Here’s that song: