Hi! I’m very happy to be here with as a member of the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design team with a project for Stencil Sunday and the October Mixed Media Challenge.
Remember to add the following challenge graphic to your post in order to be eligible for the prizes each month.
The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.
Here’s a mini calendar page that I made using the ARTplorations stencils
Some Birds and Leaf Prints.
I used my Gelli Plate to print the back ground for this mini calendar.
The calendar measures approximately 5 3/4″ x 8 3/4″ or 14.5 x 22.25 cm matted.
- First I masked off the un-inked Gelli, by setting the Some Birds stencil on top and then I placed the small positive birds into the negative spaces.
- I removed the stencil and the small bird stayed behind on the Gelli Plate.
- Next I carefully brayered on blue, purple and fuchsia acrylic paints on the Gelli Plate and over the little bird masks.
- I carefully and quickly removed the little birds and printed onto mixed media paper. The bird shaped white spaces were left behind.
5. I sponged black ink through the Leaf Print stencil.
6. Then I stenciled on gold texture paste.
7. I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4″ x 2 1/4″ or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.
8. I inked the edges of the calendar by swiping it across a gold ink pad and attached it with foam tape.
9. I matted the project in black cardstock and mounted it on some gold foil cardstock.
I had a lot of fun creating this calendar page and I hope that you have been inspired to create your own mixed media projects! I’d be very glad to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month. I’m so excited to be here with you and I can’t wait to see what you make!
Please remember that this is not a card challenge…it’s anything BUT a card. 🙂
To be sure that you’re eligible for the prizes each month, please create a mixed media project, add a link to the challenge and also remember to show the Mixed Media challenge graphic. Please check out what the rest of the design team has made here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,
For your convenience here our challenge rules:
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- You must display our STAMPlorations/ARTplorations mixed media challenge graphic in your post and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
- Link up by October 31, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time (GMT-7).