Hi! I have two cards to share with you today. One is a mixed media card; the other is CAS. For both, I used my brand new butterfly dies from Happy Little Stampers. If you’ve visited Honeybee’s Butterfly Conservatory, you’ll already know how excited I am about these dies. 🙂
This first card was inspired by CASology’s Cue Card:
I stamped (with Butterfly Birthday) and then heat embossed with white on acetate. I’m going to add this to my new CAS gallery and Honeybee Loves Butterflies pages. If you have time, I’d be very happy if you’d go over and take a peek.
I have had the butterfly stamp set for a few months now and I am very much enjoying using it.
I love these dies!
The sentiment is also HLS, Thinking of You.
For the inside panel, I watercolor painted with these
on this .You can see the panel through the clear window, but you’d never guess that there was so much color awaiting you on the inside of the card. CAS AND surprisingly bright and bold!
This card makes me smile!
My second, mixed media card, is also very cheerful. These lovelies and are going to flutter over to the Conservatory and the Mixed Media Gallery.
I used the same water color paints (for the rainbow) on water color paper, white embossing powder, Faber-Castell Gelatos (for the butterflies) and did some ink blending for the ‘sky’.
How I made this card:
- I used the butterfly dies on the previously water colored rainbow panel.
- Next I used the panel as a template to stamp the butterflies in embossing ink.
- After heat embossing the butterflies on the card front and then masking them off, I sponged on the blue bg.
- Then I water colored the insides of the butterflies.
- I also fussy cut the rainbow panel and attached it by popping it up with foam tape.
- Added the sentiment. (HLS Whimsical Friends)
I’d like to play this card at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Best Friends,
SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog’s: Create with Critters and Word Art Wednesday’s Challenge #218: Anything Goes.I hope that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,
Places I’m Playing: