Thanks for dropping by! I am excited to be here today with a couple of cards for The Mixed Media Card Challenge’s Reminder Post #1.
These are cards #3 & #4 in my series of Hand Sketched Holly cards.
Our December Challenge Graphic:
My first card with the holly printed on our optional element, vellum: I’d like to play this card at SSS Monday’s Holly Jolly Stamping and at Artplorations Flash Stencil Project Linky Party.
Some of the steps of how I made this:
- Drew the holly, water colored the drawing, scanned the painting into my computer, printed out the image of my holly painting onto vellum and then fussy cut it out. 2. I used an Artplorations stencil & metallic stencil color to make the frame for this card. (I’d like to play this card at STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge.)
3. I added Glossy Accents to the berries.
4. I heat embossed the sentiment in white EP on black card stock.
My second card in this post, Card #4 in this series:I’d like to play this card at Just Us Girls Word Week #322: Merry, SSS Wednesday’s: Let it Snow and at The Paper Players Theme Challenge #274: Let it Snow.
I like this card a lot. 🙂
Please stop by the challenge blog and checkout my teammates’ wonderful creations. Yasmina and Lysa have some inspiration for you this week. I hope that you are inspired to play along!
Thanks for stopping by!
XO, Grace & Peace
P.S. If you are interested, I’d be happy to invite you to please check back at The Mixed Media Card Challenge Blog on the 15th and the 22nd of December for some more cards that I’ve made with this image.
UPDATED WED DEC 16: I am happy to share that card #1 in this post was chosen (randomly) by Shery and the STAMPlorations Girls as the winner of their Flash Stencil Project Linky Party. Woohoo! Thanks so much! Can’t wait to get messy with some new ARTplorations stencils! 🙂
Places I’m Playing:
P.S. If you’d like to see my original post for this challenge with cards #1 & 2 in my series of Hand Sketched Holly, please go here or click on the photo below.
HOW TO PLAY
HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD
based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by December 25, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
6. We’ll announce the winner and highlights on December 31.