Hi! Thank you for spending some of your time to visit me. 🙂 I’m very happy to be here today with a reminder for The Mixed Media Card Challenge’s Challenge #19 – January – Beginnings.
Here’s our January Challenge Graphic:
The card I have to share with you today makes me happy. I salvaged a panel that I thought I had ruined and it turned into one of my favorite mixed media cards! Yay!
I have added this card to my new Mixed Media Gallery page. If you have time, I’d like to invite you to please visit it here.
How I made the card in this post:
- I used a embossing-paste-slathered stencil to stamp/create a print on water color paper. Here’s the card that I originally stenciled.
I used the left over embossing paste from the above card to create the beginnings of the panel in today’s post.
2. I set the panel aside and let it dry for a few days. The embossing paste was very thick.
2. I replaced the stencil onto the panel, sponged embossing ink through the stencil and added white embossing powder.
3. Here’s where I almost ruined the panel. I sponged black ink through the stencil and hated it!
4. So, I wiped it off with a paper towel and then heated embossed with more white ep on top of the black ink.
5. Not quite satisfied, I got out my acrylic paints and repainted a rainbow on top of the now muddied embossing paste.
6. I dabbed the paint off of the white embossed areas and reapplied the heat tool to brighten the white.
7. I die cute a square for my sentiment. That resulted in my embossing paste getting a bit squished, which was disappointing, but quite a bit of texture did remain.
What about you? Do you try to fix your mixed media boo-boos? Or do you do what I normally do with big messy mistakes? Chuck ’em?! 🙂 I am glad that I didn’t do that this time! I’m very happy with my result.
I’d like to play along at at STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog’s: Best friends (Doesn’t this verse describe the kind of best friend you want to have and be?), Word Art Wednesday’s Challenge #217 Anything Goes and CASEplorations January Challenge: CASEing the incredibly talented and fun Laura Bassen.
Please stop by the challenge blog and checkout my teammate’s wonderful creations. We have quite a variety of cards for you to enjoy this month. I had a lot of messy fun making these cards. I hope that you are inspired to play along!
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace
HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by January 25, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
6. We’ll announce the winner and highlights on January 31.
Places I’m Playing: