The calendar measures approximately 5 3/4″ x 8 3/4″ or 14.5 x 22.25 cm matted.
I repeatedly sponged a variety of blue-hued butterflies onto my panel of cardstock with the Shower of Flutters mask/stencil.
See them fluttering around in the background? 🙂
Then I stenciled the Happy Flowers with red and green ink, sponged embossing ink over the flowers and heat embossed the them with clear embossing powder.
I matted the panel with black cardstock and then, using the ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil, I sponged on white pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder.
I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4″ x 2 1/4″ or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.
I inked the edges of the calendar by swiping it across a black ink pad and attached it with foam tape. Lastly I matted the entire project in white cardstock.
I had a lot of fun creating this calendar page and I hope that you have been inspired to create your own mixed media projects! I’d be very glad to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month. I’m so excited to be here with you and I can’t wait to see what you make!
Please remember that this is not a card challenge…it’s anything BUT a card. 🙂
To be sure that you’re eligible for the prizes each month, please create a mixed media project, add a link to the challenge and also remember to show the Mixed Media challenge graphic. Please check out what the rest of the design team has made here.
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- You must display our STAMPlorations/ARTplorations mixed media challenge graphic in your post and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
- Link up by August 31st, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time (GMT-7).
Places I’m Playing: