Hi! I’m back with a reminder post and 2 cards for this month’s MMCC #13. This month’s theme: Butterflies with an optional element: gold.
Here’s the August Challenge graphic:
Butterflies!? Yes, I have to admit, I have a thing for butterfly stamps, punches, dies and stencils. This may be honeybeelane’s blog, but Honeybee has a crush on butterflies. 🙂 You can check out the other butterflies by clicking the tab entitled “Honeybee love butterflies” at the top of the blog.
For this post I have 2 different cards with an Artplorations Stencil and a Stamplorations Stamp set, some ink blending, homemade embossing paste and gold embossing powder. First, I sponged some different yellow inks onto water color paper.
Then I trimmed the water color paper into 3 pieces. I placed the stencil onto the paper, applied the embossing paste and then let it dry. Then, I replaced the stencil and stamped VersaMark onto the embossing paste. I removed the stencil and added the gold embossing powder and heat embossed.
I’m going to play this first card over at Time Out’s Challenge #37: Friendship is Golden.
Next I stamped the butterflies into place.
I die cut, trimmed and punched the respective cards and added the different sentiments.
Yes, lots more “out of my comfort zone” with these babies! The colors, the stencil with embossing paste, the non-CASishness of these all….Phew. I had lots of fun though. 🙂
So! I hope that I have inspired you to play along with this month’s challenge.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by August 25, 11:55 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
Thanks for stopping by!
Places I’m Playing: