I’m here for AAA Cards Game #117.- Geometrics.
Special tips for competing (and being eligible to win) in this game:
- As always, we’re looking for Clean and Simple (CAS) greeting cards (very minimal layers and embellishments, not textured cardstock), BUT for this game please make sure to use the theme of “moonlight” as the focal point of your card.
- As always and for all of our games our definition of Clean and Simple means that white space should not be patterned, embossed or textured.
Here’s my card using a favorite, Uniko’s Background Builders: Squared.
For this CAS card, I kept it CAS by:
1. Minimized Layers: made it a mostly 1-layer card – I added a second layer with the sentiment.
2. Consolidated my images. Clustering images together keeps the card clean.
3. White space. Left at least 1/2 of the card unaltered – plain, smooth card stock (even though colored) keeps my card CAS.
4. Mostly monochromatic. I used white, silver and blue as color palette.
I used a home made circle stencil and sponged on the “moon” in white/craft ink. I used a Uniko stamp to add a textured-like pattern to the moon and “moonlight” to the card front. Did you know that the top left and most of the bottom parts of my blue card front, because it is not textured and left unaltered, is considered “white space?”
Check out AAA Cards definition of “WHITE SPACE.” Colored card stock is great, but not patterned, embossed or textured.
Make sure you stop by AAA Cards and visit all of my design teammates’ blogs.
13 thoughts on “AAA Cards Challenge #126 – Moonlight”
Sending deepest sympathy.
It posted at 14 October (oh….)
and I am so sad read that Melissa Passed away Chris…
a very touched card…and I pray she Rest in Peace and you and the family can be strong enough…speechless (me)
Deepest sympathy from me and my husband Stefan 😦
Monika in Germany
Thank you Monika. Yes, Melissa always liked to get ahead. I’m pretty sure all her projects for October were complete and set to go live. It is hard to see them but a testament and reminder of who she is.
Melissa, You and your art will be missed greatly in the crafting world – sending my condolences to your loving husband and beautiful children who will miss you more than words can ever express along with other family members and friends. As a Christian, I can Only Image…. are you dancing for Jesus Melissa? I think so. Happy Eternity with our Creator and looking forward to the day I will meet you in person. Sending hugs from Michigan
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Gail…good words and Truth.
stunning and so beautiful…sending my deepest sympathy.
Thank you Kim
Beautiful card. Said perfectly Melissa… Rest in peace.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Shawna
Carla from Utah
Thank you Carla. It is humbling to see how many people enjoyed Melissa’s talent.
Even after you have left us, you make me learn, to plan ahead. My tears don’t stop, Melissa. You will be missed so much. Heavens have got such a lovely Angel!
Thank you Ishani. And thank you for your comments on facebook messenger as well.