Hi! I’m back with a fun Clean and Simple Card today for AAA Cards Game #109.
Special tips for competing (and being eligible to win) in this game:
- As always, we’re looking for Clean and Simple (CAS) cards, BUT for this game please feature die cuts as the main and focal point.
- For this specific challenge, we will make one exception for the addition of a stamped sentiment only, but not stamped images that have been die cut.
- As always and for all of our games our definition of Clean and Simple means that white space should not be patterned, embossed or textured.
Our super sponsor:
Our guest designer for this challenge is Noga Shefer.
To make this card I used 3 basic techniques:
- Paper piecing – putting pieces of paper together to create a larger image or a new background paper.
- Die cutting – using thin metal dies to cut out shapes, words or even holes (negative die cutting).
- Dry embossing – using an embossing folding, or in this case the die cut word “beautiful”, and an embossing machine to leave an imprint on the card stock.
To make the rainbow part of the sentiment, I adhered narrow strips of card stock together to sticky label and then die cut the word “beautiful.” Please see the card below for a better idea of how I did this and also how I used the negative part of the die cut.
I die cut another “beautiful” and used that die cut to dry emboss the white panel two times. I die cut 2 more “beautifuls” and adhered them in a stack under the rainbow one. I also die cut the letters for the words “you” and “are” twice each and stacked and glued those together.
I left space in between the two embossed “beautifuls” for the die cut words to fit.
So, my sentiment actually says “beautiful you beautiful are beautiful.” 🙂
I mounted the white panel on a dark gray, top-fold card.
I hope that you enjoyed visiting today. I am always happy to have visitors and to read your comments. I hope that you’ve been inspired to play along.
Be sure to stop by the AAA Cards challenge blog to enjoy Noga’s and my teammate’s lovely Clean and Simple Cards.
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,
Places I’m Playing: