Hi! I’m back again Chasing Mojo with Sweet Kobylkin. 🙂 This is a great idea that Ksenija had to help us get back into the creative mode after Christmas and New Year’s celebrations. I’ve been having a lot of fun CASEing multiple cards from those offered up at Sweet Kobylin.
I’ve been so inspired by many of the cards and would love to CASE them all! I wonder, is it possible?
For my card is this post I CASEd the lovely and unique one by Ashwini. I always seem to come across her beautiful creations and have admired them for quite some time. Have you visited her inspiring blog, Experiments With Card Making Etc? If not, please do!
Here’s my CASE:
- I started by creating my own stencil with some new Sizzix Butterfly dies. Iwas happy to try a variety of new techniques with these dies. (These dies were part of my “Welcome Goodie Bag” from last Summer’s Happy Little Stampers inaugural retreat in Swindon. Sizzix was one of the generous sponsors of the retreat. If you have a chance, you should go to the next HLS retreat! 🙂 )
- I applied blue and green inks through the stencil, removed the stencil and allowed the ink to dry overnight.
- After the ink dried, I added yellow watercolor paints around the butterflies, using a wet on wet technique.
- Next, I die cut some of the intricate butterflies out of removal sticky label.
- After the panel was again dry, I re-positioned the stencil onto the panel and added the intricate butterfly die cuts into the negative spaces.
- Using a paintbrush, I applied white acrylic paint through the butterflies.
- I added the sentiment and splattered on some brown watercolor paint.
- Finally, I added white gel pen around the sentiment and adhered some enamel dots. (I LOVE Ashwini’s rhinestones!)
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,
Places I’m Playing: