Hi! I’m very happy to be here for STAMPlorations with a mixed media project for Stencil Sunday and the January Mixed Media Challenge.
FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN’
Here’s a mini calendar page that I made using 2 ARTplorations stencils:
I have a fun discount code for you! Shery, of STAMPlorations, has generously given me a code to share with you.
- First, I created the background by heat embossing with silver embossing powder and using the ARTplorations Flourishes stencil.
- After the embossing powder dried, I then watercolored the embossed panel with a variety of blue-hued paints.
- Next, I framed the panel in white cardstock and attached it to a blue cardstock panel. (I used some super dark blue cardstock that I bought at a lovely shop in my mother’s hometown of Dunoon, Scotland. Valerie, of Coleman Cards & Crafts, keeps a great selection of lovely heavyweight cardstock in her store.)
- I added blue embossing paste through the ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil.
- I sponged on some silver ink to soften the bright blue embossing paste.
- I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4″ x 2 1/4″ or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.
- I inked the edges of the calendar by swiping it across a silver and then a blue ink pad.
- I added some doodled circles in blue and silver gel pen.
- I also outlined the letters and numbers in white and silver gel pen and I attached the calendar the background panel with foam tape.
I had a lot of fun creating this January calendar page and I hope that you have been inspired to create your own mixed media projects! I’d be very glad to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month. I’m so excited to be here with you and I can’t wait to see what you make!
Please remember that this is not a card challenge…it’s anything BUT a card. 🙂
To be sure that you’re eligible for the prizes each month, please create a mixed media project, add a link to the challenge and also remember to show the Mixed Media challenge graphic. Please check out what the rest of the design team has made here.
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- You must display our STAMPlorations/ARTplorations mixed media challenge graphic in your post and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
- Link up by January 31, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time (GMT-7).