Hi! I’m very happy to be here for STAMPlorations with a mixed media project for Stencil Sunday and the November Mixed Media Challenge.
Here’s a mini calendar page that I made using 2 ARTplorations stencils:
The calendar measures approximately 5 3/4″ x 8 3/4″ or 14.5 x 22.25 cm matted.
- First, I created the chevron background and reverse stenciled by printing with the Chevron Crazy stencil, inked up with Brusho Crystal Colors and water.
- After the paint dried, I applied red orange and yellow ink through the chevron stencil to fill in the negative spaces.
- Next, I carefully applied red embossing medium through the ARTplorations Coffee Cup stencil.
- To give the cup the raised chevron pattern, after the cup outline dried, I masked off parts of the Chevron Crazy stencil and stenciled more red embossing medium through the chevron onto the cup.
- I added some coffee to the cup, as well as some shading and highlights around and on the cup, with a brown marker and a white liquid chalk pen.
- I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4″ x 2 1/4″ or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.
- I inked the edges of the calendar by swiping it across a red ink pad and attached it with foam tape.8. I matted the project in white card stock and mounted it on some Brusho Crystal Color tinted water color paper.
I had a lot of fun creating this calendar page and I hope that you have been inspired to create your own mixed media projects! I’d be very glad to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month. I’m so excited to be here with you and I can’t wait to see what you make!
Please remember that this is not a card challenge…it’s anything BUT a card. 🙂
To be sure that you’re eligible for the prizes each month, please create a mixed media project, add a link to the challenge and also remember to show the Mixed Media challenge graphic. Please check out what the rest of the design team has made here.
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- You must display our STAMPlorations/ARTplorations mixed media challenge graphic in your post and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
- Link up by November 30, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time (GMT-7).