Hi! I’m very happy to be here with you today with a card for Happy Little Stampers October Mixed Media Challenge.
Although this is a mixed media card, I wanted to keep it on the clean side and allow the beauty of the fern shine. So, I made the white space left behind by the embossing be my focal point. While the warm colors may be vibrant, I think the fern remains the star and are complimented by the HLS products.
How I made this card:
- I created my background by stamping in embossing ink with a live fern.
- I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 3. I then added Brushos (in brilliant red, scarlet and yellow) and used spray starch and plastic/cling wrap to add some bright color to the panel.
4. After the panel dried, I stamped with the script block stamp from HLS’ Thinking of You.
5. Then I framed the panel with black card stock.
6. I created the card base and before attaching the panel I randomly stamped a butterfly from Butterfly Birthday around the edges of the card base with light yellow ink.
7. I also stamped and heat embossed a butterfly onto gold vellum. 8. I fussy cut the butterfly, but I could have used my HLS Butterfly Dies.
9. I stamped the sentiment, using the “Happy” and “Anniversary” stamps from Everyday Sentiments. 10. I heated embossed the “Happy” in gold embossing powder on black card stock.11. I fussy cut the ‘Happy’.
12. I assembled the different pieces onto my card base.
I enjoyed making this card very much and hope you enjoyed this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,
Places I’m Playing:
Happy Little Stampers Products: