Hi! I’m happy to be here with a reminder post for:
Our challenge for this month is:
First off, I sponged brown ink onto Kraft through a Weathered Wood – ARTplorations Stencil.
Next I stamped a variety of branches, needles and flowers. Next I heat embossed more branches in gold.
I stamped a Chickadee stamp and then altered it to look more like a Sparrow. Here is the photo which I used as inspiration.
Homemade Embossing Paste Recipe
1/2 Cup Talc/Baby Powder
2 TBSP White Liquid Glue/Mod Podge
2 TBSP Gesso
Water, to adjust consistency
you may add drops re-inker ink to tint the paste as you desire
My current recipe has evolved from this recipe here. I have used the same container for over a year, just adding more ingredients as I need more paste. So, my recipe is not exact. The more glue & acrylic paint/Gesso you add, the more flexible the paste will be when it dries.
Please stop by the challenge blog and checkout my teammate’s wonderful creations. We always have quite a variety of cards for you to enjoy. I had a lot of messy fun making this card. I hope that you are inspired to play along!
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace
HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by March 25, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
6. We’ll announce the winner and highlights near the beginning of April.
Places I’m Playing: