Hi! Thank you for spending some of your time to visit me. 🙂 I’m very happy to be here today with two cards for The Mixed Media Card Challenge!
Here’s our December Challenge Graphic:
I had a lot of fun making the 2 cards in this post. I’d like to play this first card at Word Art Wednesday’s Challenge #214/215:Anything Goes.
How I made Card #1 (#7 in the series):
- Sketched and painted the holly and then printed it onto card stock.
2. Added paint, marker, white Craft pigment ink, white gel pen, and black pen to the leaves.
3. Hand embossed the berries and leaves. (Similar to 1-layer Paper Tole, but without any cutting.)
It was very difficult to photograph this, but I love the result. My kids keep wanting to run their fingers over the card. I do too. 🙂 Have you ever used the 1-layer paper tole technique? There is a super TUTORIAL BY DIANE at SCS over here: Go here to check it out!
4. Added Glossy Accents to berries. (You can see how nice and sparkly the berries are in the photo above – 2 up from here.)
5. Heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum in black.
6. Assembled the card.
Card #8 in the series: I’d like to play this card at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog’s Theme: Winter Wonderland.
Please stop by the challenge blog and checkout my teammate’s wonderful creation. I hope that you have been inspired to play along!
All 8 holly cards:
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace
HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by December 25, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
6. We’ll announce the winner and highlights on December 31.
Places I’m Playing: