Hi! I’m here with another take on July’s MMCC image to remind you to play along with this month’s fun challenge over at MMCC!
I really having enjoyed using this graphic as inspiration. I made 4 more new cards for this challenge, but I posted them over here in order to keep this post not too long.
To start, I used some dish soap bubbles, tinted with re-inkers, to create some different watercolor background papers. I chose one of these papers to use as the background panel for each of the cards in this post.
Here’s the piece that I chose for this first card:
I added some splotches of Hero Arts blue ink to the original soap-bubble bg paper with Laura Bassen’s famous “smooshing” technique, stamped the flower image in SU’s Night of Navy and then did some water-coloring and drawing in a variety of other SU blues. I’m going to play this over at SSS Monday’s I is for.…Ink!
I usually lean toward the CAS design style, so playing with mixed media is going to be challenging and fun.
Please stop on over to the blog for some inspiration from the rest of the design team, and to link up your entry. I hope that I have inspired you to play along with this month’s challenge.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by July 25, 11:55 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
So! This is just 1 of the 8 cards that I made for this month’s challenge! You can see the first 3 here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Places I’m Playing: